Monday, March 5, 2012

“Give, and it will be given to you”



Jesus asks us to lend and not expect repayment.  To give alms and not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing.  He tells us when we fast to comb our hair and wash our face.  And in today’s gospel he tells us to be merciful even as your Father is merciful. 
Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."(Luke 6 36-38)

Saint Faustina shares an encounter with a sister who approached her for help at her tiredest moment of the day just before she slips into bed.
Once, when I returned to my cell, I was so tired that I had to rest a moment before I started to undress, and when I was already undressed, one of the sisters asked me to fetch her some hot water. Although I was tired, I dressed quickly and brought her the water she wanted, even though it was quite a long walk from the cell to the kitchen, and the mud was ankle-deep. When I re-entered my cell, I saw the ciborium with the Blessed Sacrament, and I heard this voice, Take this ciborium and bring it to the tabernacle. I hesitated at first, but when I approached and touched it, I heard these words, Approach each of the sisters with the same love with which you approach Me; and whatever you do for them, you do it for Me. (diary 285)
It is a difficult thing to see Jesus in everyone.  To see as Blessed Mother Theresa describes "Jesus in his distressing disguise".  However when we do show mercy and hold back judgement the response from our Lord is a cup “running over”. 

Jesus please allow the children's rosary and all associated with us to see you in all people.  Replace our hearts with your heart that we may love the people in our lives who seem the hardest to love.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment