Steps to Begin a Children's Rosary in Your Parish
1) Obtain permission from your Pastor to begin a Children's Rosary group
2) Choose a location (preferrably in a Church but not limited to that location. Some groups have chosen to hold their Children's Rosary during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament)
3) Choose a regular meeting time (Monthly or if interest exists weekly)
4) Invite a group of families and children to your first Children's Rosary and consider putting a notice in your Church bulletin(usually these groups begin small and with time they will increase in size)*
5) Register your Children's Rosary with us by email at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 271743 West Hartford, CT USA (In this way we will have a central list of all children's rosaries formed and those looking for a children's rosary will easily be able to find one).
|Example of the Petition box used at |
St. Thomas Apostle Church West Hartford CT
Any questions please contact Blythe at:
Address: PO Box 271743
West Hartford, CT 06127 USA
Phone: (860) 561-4881
Resources to help begin your Children's Rosary Group:
Children's Rosary book which explains why one would want to begin a Children's Rosary group, step by step instructions and can be used by the children in prayer of the Rosary during your group meetings. The book has an Imprimatur. The book is helpful to show your pastor when asking permission to begin a group.
Children's Rosary CDs are available which allow one to hear how a meeting is run. The CDs also include music. Each CD has our Children's Rosary theme song "Rosary Children". This song was written for our movement and by a wonderful priest. We encourage groups to play or sing the song at the end of their meetings. The song is optional but we have found the children very much enjoy having the addition of music. The Glorious CD has the addition of the Song, Hail Holy Queen sung by the children. Some groups enjoy beginning their Children's Rosary in May with a May Crowning and would like some musical accompaniment. The CD is a resource for groups which would like music for a May Crowning. Our Sorrowful CD has the song, At the Cross Her Station Keeping sung by the children. This is a resource for those groups who would like to have the children lead the stations of the cross and have some background music.
Sheet Music for our theme song "Rosary Children" available to download as a pdf HERE.
Additional postings you may find helpful:
Answers to frequently asked questions when starting a Children's Rosary
For those considering beginning a group in a school you may find this article about a Children's Rosary group which began in a school in Louisiana USA helpful: Link