Monday, April 21, 2014

"The Greater the Sinner, the Greater the Right He Has to My Mercy."

As Divine Mercy Sunday approaches this Sunday it is beautiful to contemplate the words Our Lord shared to St. Faustina about His Mercy:


"I perform works of mercy in every soul. The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy. My mercy is confirmed in every work of My hands. He who trusts in My mercy will not perish, for all his affairs are mine, and his enemies will be shattered at the base of My footstool" (Diary of St. Faustina #723).


These words are such a comfort for us who stumble so often and feel discouraged.  For my own part, when I have found myself offending Our Lord through sin there is a natural tendency to shrink and look away from Him. To draw away and want to put asside prayer.  Yet Our Lord's words to St. Faustina, "the Greater the Sinner, the Greater the Right He Has to My Mercy" well up and then there is a renewed hope and a conviction to not look away but rather begin a new with more resolve.  Yes, at such low moments there is a knowledge that to doubt Our Lord's Mercy would offend Him more and thus to take up ones Rosary and pray looking to Heaven, appealing to Our Lord's Mercy, seems the most pleasing course.

Today we are blessed to have at least three Children's Rosary groups meeting. Please consider joining us today for the Rosary.  The children always pray for those unifying prayers with them.

April 21st
Children's Rosary at Holy Trinity Academy in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania 12:20 PM ET
Children's Rosary at Holy Family Church in Gladstone, Michigan 4:30 PM ET.
Children's Rosary at St. John the Evangelist Church in Mahopac, New York 4:30 PM held in front of the Blessed Sacrament.




No comments:

Post a Comment