Monday, August 6, 2012

Feast of the Transfiguration

I have always liked the Feast of the Transfiguration.  When I was in high school at an all girls school of the Sacred Heart we were asked to pick one Gospel reading and write a homily.  I chose the story of the Transfiguration.  Part of my interest may have started on a trip to the Holy Land when I was 17 where I was able to go to the top of Mount Tabor and see where this miraculous event took place.  The homily that I prepared in hind site was full of historical details and theological references.  Today my love of the Feast draws from my time spent praying the luminous mysteries of the rosary.  The fourth luminous mystery is the Transfiguration. My eight year old son likes to say it is when Jesus lights up.  The fruit of this mystery is Desire For Holiness.  Today during my walk to Mass with my daughter we prayed in a special way that all the members of the children's rosary and all associated with the children's rosary may receive this beautiful fruit of desire for holiness.  I also associate the luminous mysteries with the work of the Holy Spirit and began a novena to the Holy Spirit the other night asking for His assistance in spiritual growth.  I am including a link to this Novena  for all those who are interested:
Novena to the Holy Spirit
Consecration to the Holy Spirit
Litany to the Holy Spirit
Gifts of the Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment