Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Consecration to the Holy Spirit

An Act of Consecration to the Holy Spirit
O Holy Spirit,
Divine Spirit of light and love,
I consecrate to Thee my understanding,
heart, and will,
my whole being for time and eternity.
May my understanding be always submissive
to Thy heavenly inspirations,
and to the teaching of the Catholic Church,
of which Thou are the infallible guide;
may my heart be ever inflamed
with love of God and of my neighbor;
may my will
be ever conformed to the divine Will;
and may my whole life
be a faithful imitation of the life
and virtues of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
to whom with the Father and Thee
be honor and glory forever. Amen.

(St. Pius X June 5, 1908)
Tomorrow is Ascension Thursday and Jesus will return to the Father.  The Ascension of Jesus is the second glorious mystery of the rosary and we are told the fruit of that mystery is hope. What is hope?  It is to wish for something with expectation of fulfillment.  What is it that we should be hopeful.  Jesus speaks of it in the first gospel today, 
“Just as when the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you”.(John 16:13-15)
The Apostles and Mary must have been sad to see Jesus leave them but He promises a great gift: Pentecost.  In preparation for such a blessing may we all ready our hearts for the Spirit.  May we begin by consecrating ourselves to the third person of the Trinity.  
In the days ahead I would like to provide ways to open our hearts and souls to the Spirit so that He may blow through our hearts and families as He did on the first Pentecost.  As we set out to renew family prayer let the Spirit of Truth and Prayer descend upon us. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment