Wednesday, December 16, 2015

In geduldiger Erwartung

Patiently Waiting in Belgium
One of our members of the Children's Rosary sent us this picture today.  It is of a sign in the  window of his home in Eupen, Belgium.  The sign is written in German and it means Patiently Waiting. 

We have made it a little annual tradition to invite members of the Children's Rosary to place a sign in their window with the simple phrase Patiently Waiting.  It is a gentle and simple way to let others know where our hearts can be found as we prepare ourselves for the coming of Christ.

May I humbly share the inspiration for this effort.  Several years ago, I was walking past a home and such a sign was in the window.  It caught my attention.  Each time I walked past it each day I looked at it and was grateful for it.  To see the sign made me happy inside.  I wondered who put such a sign in their window.  Later I would find out it was a wonderfully holy priest.  After his passing many shared how special this little sign was to them.  I was so simple but it sent a ripple out into the community, a joyful one that is still moving in my heart years later even after the soul who placed it in his window has passed on.  What if each of us put a sign in our windows?  Please lets take a chance and find out.  
Patiently Waiting in Quito, Ecuador

I would love to feature more pictures of our signs from around the world.  They can be written in English or the local language of the area and simply show a window with the sign present.  Please email me your sign in the window and I will highlight them here.  Send pictures to blythe.kaufman@gmail.com Please also include your town, city and country.


Thank you all so much!!



Other Posts You May Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment