Monday, June 11, 2012

Novena to the Body and Blood of Jesus


Novena to the Body and Blood of Jesus

O Jesus Christ, You have given us your Body and Blood present in the Eucharist.  You are the Divine Remedy for our Soul.  Through grace may we receive your gift to us with reverence and eternal gratitude.  May frequent reception of your Body bring us closer to You and may we attain a unity of our Will with Yours.  May we experience healing of our tongue that we may not offend you nor neighbor but only use our tongue to praise you.
Lord we are not worthy to receive you but only say the word and our souls shall be healed.  Amen
I meant to upload this novena 9 days before Corpus Christi.  However,  as I was creating the post I realized that the US was celebrating the Feast on Sunday while many outside the US were still celebrating it the Thursday after Holy Trinity Sunday. As I knew many people follow the site from different parts of the world I wasn't sure when to post the start date.  I hesitated putting it up.  However something weird happened.  Over the past week I was unable to close the document on my computer.  I still cannot close it.  After experiencing a wonderful Feast yesterday and reflecting on the fact that our Holy Father’s general intention for June is that believers may recognize in the Eucharist the living presence of the Risen One who accompanies them in daily life,  I have reconsidered posting the novena and include it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment