Monday, October 1, 2012

Feast of St. Therese the Little Flower

Quotes of St. Therese
"God's love is revealed just as much in the most simple soul who does not resist His graces as in the most sublime."
"For a long time I had been asking myself why souls did not all receive the same amount of grace. Jesus deigned to instruct me about this mystery. Before my eyes He placed the book of nature and I understood that all the flowers created by Him are beautiful... that, if all the little flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime garb. The same is true of the world of souls, the Lord's living garden.”
"I tell you that it is enough to recognize one's nothingness and to abandon one's self like a child in the arms of God."
"You are not sufficiently trusting, you fear God too much. I assure you that this grieves Him. Do not be afraid of going to purgatory because of its pain, but rather long not to go there because this pleases God who imposes this expiation so regretfully. From the moment that you try to please Him in all things, if you have the unshakable confidence that He will purify you at every instant in His love and will leave in you no trace of sin, be very sure that you will not go to purgatory." 
A wonderful song by Paddy Kelly about St. Therese: Rain of Roses

Link to her autobiography: Story of a Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment