Monday, June 16, 2014

Sorrowful CD Liner




Lyrics for the Song "At the Cross Her Station Keeping"

At the cross her station keeping, stood the mournful Mother, weeping, close to Jesus to the last.
Through her heart, his sorrow sharing, all his bitter anguish bearing, now at length the sword has passed.
O that blessèd one, grief laden, Blessèd Mother, Blessèd Maiden, Mother of the All-blest one.
Who could see, from tears refraining, Christ’s dear Mother uncomplaining in so great a sorrow bowed?
Who, unmoved, behold her languish underneath his Cross of anguish, ’mid the fierce, unpitying crowd?
Fount of love and sacred sorrow, Mother! May my spirit borrow sadness from thy holy woe.
May His Wounds transfix me wholly, may His Cross and Life-Blood holy mortify my heart and mind:
Thus inflamed with pure affection, in the Virgin’s son, protection may I at the judgment find.
When in death my limbs are failing, let thy Mother’s prayer prevailing lift me, Jesus, to Thy throne;
To my parting soul be given entrance through the gate of Heaven, there confess me for Thine own.

To view the sheet music for our theme song "Rosary Children" click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment