Friday, May 24, 2013

St. Padre Pio and Our Blessed Mother



Tomorrow we celebrate the birthday of St. Padre Pio.  He was born on May 25th 1887 in the little farming town called Pietrelcina, Italy. 

As we come to the close of the month of May, which is dedicated to Mary, I thought it would be wonderful to reflect on the words St. Padre Pio used when speaking of Our Lady.

"Hold on tightly to the Rosary. Be very grateful to the Madonna because it was she who gave us Jesus".

"The Madonna is the shortcut to get to God".

"Love Our Lady and make her loved; always recite the Rosary and recite it as often as possible".

"Give yourself up into the arms of your Heavenly Mother. She will take good care of your soul".

"The Mother of Sorrows is my confidante, my teacher, my counselor, and my powerful advocate".

"How many time I have entrusted to this Mother (the Virgin Mary) the painful anxieties of my heart. And how many times she has consoled me…..With what great attention she accompanied me to the altar this morning. It seemed to me that she had nothing else to think about but me, filling my heart with holy sentiments. I felt a mysterious fire in my heart, which I could not understand. I felt the need to put ice on in in order to extinguish the fire that was consuming me".

"May the Most Holy Virgin, who was the first to practice the gospel perfectly and in all its severity, even before it was proclaimed, spur us on to follow closely in her footsteps".

No comments:

Post a Comment