Sunday, October 1, 2017

Mass Offered on October 1st 2017 For Seminarians

A Mass was offered today for all seminarians that they will grow in holiness and lead us all in love. Every month we have a Mass offered for this intention. As our seminarians will be the future shepherds and our children are the future flock, it seemed a beautiful way for the children to help. 

We have been periodically featuring different seminarians on the first of the month by inviting them to share something of themselves - a beautiful sharing of faith and love of Our Lord. This month we will be featuring Duyet (Anthony) Nguyen.
 
Duyet Nguyen
"I was born and raised at Tay Nguyen Highland, a famous area in the south of Vietnam. I am currently living at Cathedral Seminary House of Formation in Douglaston, Queens, NY. I am studying English at St. John’s University (Queens, NY) and will be studying philosophy next year.

My desire for the priesthood started during my childhood at the age of nine when I would get up and go to Church to attend mass with my mother every morning. Each day I felt that I was growing in love for God. From the conversations with God through prayer and the guidance of my parents, siblings, and priests, I have since learned to hear from the depths of my heart that God is calling me to the priesthood; this has been my dream since I was a child. 

So, I would like to spend my life responding to God’s love by becoming a witness for God.
I am fascinated by Mark 16:15, “Go into the entire world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Each of us is called to be a missionary, to share the Gospel of Jesus with
the world. Thus, I decided to leave my country to talk about the love of God, to share actively in the mission of Christ. I am just a simple man who was touched and transformed by the joy of God’s love. In my life, I was received many graces from God; I cannot keep this experience to myself. I would love to go out and share the faith with all peoples."

We hope that those of you reading this will keep Duyet Nguyen in your prayers.  If we want holy priests we need to pray for them. They are undertaking a difficult journey for Our Lord and souls. We thank them for their, "Yes".  On this Feast of St. Therese, we ask for her special intercession for Duyet Nguyen.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:

Don't forget to unify prayers with the children during their meetings. A schedule of meetings is present on our website. By clicking "Join in Prayer" you can add your gold flashing light to our View from Heaven map.

For more information about the Children's Rosary visit our website: www.childrensrosary.org
Visite nuestro sitio web en español para obtener más información: www.rosariodeninos.org

No comments:

Post a Comment