Saturday, December 22, 2012

Secret of a Perfect Christmas Present

This year the children and I decided we would give prayers as Christmas presents.  We began offering our rosaries up for those dear to us.  Although family and members of the Children's Rosary are in my prayers daily there was a thought that saying one rosary for just one person or family seemed like a special way to show our love this Christmas.  The kids began with their grandmother and a dear friend who always seems to have everything and to whom it is difficult to find just the right present.  Next my son said a rosary for his teacher.  He made little cards for those he prayed for and inside it said, "I said a rosary for you"

Yesterday he brought a card home from his teacher inside it said 

"Thank you so much for saying a rosary for me.  Now I know I'm taken care of by God.  This is a very special gift."

What a wonderful card to receive back after giving a present.  And this with no money spent and without having to leave the house.  

Today as I sat quietly in front of the fire saying rosaries for dear ones a wonderful joy and excitement filled my heart. As I was holding these individual friends in my heart I was thinking of the beautiful fruits which are given with the prayer of each mystery.  As I was saying the joyful mysteries I was thinking of the gift of humility and love of neighbor that was being given to this family in my prayers and the joy in finding Jesus which is the fruit of the fifth joyful mystery.  I almost couldn't contain myself with happiness and the urge to share this wonderful relatively unused method of giving gifts at Christmas.  While many are hurrying around and making their ways through crowded stores to find just the right gift that says I love you and you are dear to me I sat warm and comfortable by our fire with a heart bursting with joy.  Yes God is so good.  He gives us more than we ask for when we spend time with Him.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you dear baby Jesus.

God Bless you all this Christmas!

Post on how to pray the rosary and a list of the fruits of each mystery of the rosary.

No comments:

Post a Comment