Thursday, September 13, 2012

Feast of The Most Blessed Name of Mary

The devils revealed to Francis of Yepes, the brother of St. John of the Cross, that three things especially tormented them.  The first is the name of Jesus; the second, the name of Mary; and the third, the Brown scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

The Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary was yesterday. It falls shortly after the Feast of the Nativity of Mary, just as the Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus falls shortly after Christmas.

There is something I have been refecting on this summer that I have been waiting to share until the Feast of the Most Blessed Name of Mary.   Twice at Mass this summer two different priests said Our Lady's Name.  As I heard Our Blessed Mother's Name said by the priest the most tender feelings entered my Heart for Our Lady.  I have been thinking about this for some time.  There was something profounding special when the priest said Our Blessed Mother's name.  It does not surprise me as our priests are her Son's representatives on earth.  It is tuely awesome in the true sense of the word how much Our Lady must love priests and when they say her name, love cannot help but well up in the souls of the people hearing it spoken.

Last night I was taking a walk at sunset with my rosary.  I was thinking to write something on the Blog about the Feast of the Holy Name of Mary. I was contemplating the experience I shared above, however,  I asked Mary to help inspire me as to how she wanted to be remembered on this feast.  Minutes later I turned the corner.  There was a lovely couple walking who I have seen walking their dogs for years.  We see each other at Church and often wave.  I had no idea where they lived but figured it was somewhere in the area.  The thought entered my mind to invite them to the prayer workshop with Fr. Tucker we were having next week.  I paused for one second but then something inside pushed me forward.  I said hello and invited them to the workshop.  I mentioned that the Friday workshop was being hosted by Carole and Laz while the first two nights were at my house.  They said oh, we live right behind Carole.  

Carole had written me the day before that she wanted to invite her neighbor.  When I mentioned this to them they said, she is talking about us.  It was so amazing that person that Carole had mentioned that she wanted to invite to the workshop would walk almost right into me the next day right when I was asking Our Lady how she wanted to be portrayed.  I realized from this "chance" meeting that when we pray to Our Lady and invoke her intercession using her name that she takes care of us.  She prays for us. She intercedes for us with Her Son.  She comes right to our aid.  For weeks I have been constantly asking for her help bringing people to the workshop.  As the evenings began to fill so beautifully I was so thankful.  Today I felt Our Lady said loud and clear she has been working all the while and all is being taken care of.  We have to be like little children and trust in her.  I feel so much safer knowing she is filling our groups according to God's Will and that my role has been in large part to just trust in her and pray. 

My prayer last night at family prayer was that we might honor Mary more and love her more.  I hope and pray that she will grant this grace to all of us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment