Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let us Give Thanks Unceasingly


Holy Thursday
Last year the children helped plan a prayer service for the Feast of the Holy Rosary. Many prayers and fasting had been done before that day for Blessings to be poured down.  I did not want to share with anyone the extent of the sacrifices as that should be known to the Lord.  However, in my heart I said to him if only people knew how many blessings would be available to them if they came and prayed the Holy Rosary on Our Blessed Mother’s Feast of the Holy Rosary. If they knew how many prayers were said and sacrifices made for them they would definitely come.  All at once there was a feeling in my heart.  There was sadness.  If only people knew how much I sacrificed and what was being given to them at Holy Mass. There was a deep pain from where these words came from.  A sadness that so few come to accept what was purchased at such a high price.  The words were in my own inner voice but the thoughts and feelings seemed not my own.  I realized how small were my sacrifices and although each prayer is important the graces available from my prayers were as small as the smallest piece of sand compared to the vast sands of the sea.  How Jesus’ suffering must persist that so few of us prioritize Holy Mass and the Eucharist.    
It is my prayer today that every member of the children’s rosary as well as all Christians with thank God unceasingly for the Most Blessed Sacrament. Amen
Here are the words of the Saints about the Holy Eucharist:
"Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you - for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart...don't listen to the demon, laugh at him, and go without fear to receive the Jesus of peace and love...
"Receive Communion often, very often...there you have the sole remedy, if you want to be cured. Jesus has not put this attraction in your heart for nothing..."
"The guest of our soul knows our misery; He comes to find an empty tent within us - that is all He asks."
- St. Therese of Lisieux
"God dwells in our midst, in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar." - St. Maximilian Kolbe
"When we go before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament we represent the one in the world who is in most need of God’s Mercy." We "Stand in behalf of the one in the world who does not know Christ and who is farthest away from God and we bring down upon their soul the Precious Blood of The Lamb." - Pope John Paul II 

"If I can give you any advice, I beg you to get closer to the Eucharist and to Jesus... We must pray to Jesus to give us that tenderness of the Eucharist."
-Mother Teresa of Calcutta 


“How many of you say: I should like to see His face, His garments, His shoes. You do see Him, you touch Him, you eat Him. He gives Himself to you, not only that you may see Him, but also to be your food and nourishment."
-
St. John Chrysostom 

1 comment:

  1. THE TRUE PRESENCE (received by Bob Murphy)

    The image of the True Presence (Jesus pictured above) was revealed mystically to Robert Murphy by Jesus following a series of healings he experienced after spending five years in bed due to complications from inhaling asbestos. The story behind the image follows (abbreviated):

    On April 14, 1994, I had a vision of heaven. When the vision concluded, I was told not to tell anyone except my wife, and only then after I had received Holy Communion. When I received the Eucharist that same day, it was Jesus Himself who gave me the host and told me to put it on my tongue - - not in my hand any longer.

    At the point when the priest held up the host before I was to receive it, it transformed into Jesus as one would imagine Jesus to appear. Only it was like looking into a bright, multifaceted diamond. He told me He wanted me to experience Him and to experience Him coming into me. And that I was not to swallow Him until after I had knelt down and lifted myself up to Him and to God the Father and thanked the Father for the awesome gift of His Son, Jesus, and then thanked the Blessed Mother for the gift of Her Son.

    When I finished saying my prayer of praise as instructed, I actually experienced Jesus when I swallowed the host. And I said, " Jesus, I trust in You." I could actually feel the Blood and Water of Jesus, His graces and Love, coming into me.

    My soul started to fill with graces like wine in a wine glass. And the more it filled, my soul became bigger and bigger, and turned into gold until the graces overflowed, spilling over the top. And I was led to believe that these graces would flow from me to the world and go up to the Father. And that I, too, would go up to the Father; and when I reached Him, it would be unbelievably beautiful and powerful. I thanked the Father for His Son, and for the love and graces I received.

    Jesus told me, using words from the Diary of Sister Faustina, that "through you as through the rays of this host, My Mercy will flow to the world." He went on to tell me, "teach them how to experience Me in the Eucharist. Tell them that I am truly present in this Eucharist. Focus on Me for I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. For he who eats My Body and drinks My Blood will have Eternal Life." When you do that, you will be totally at One with Jesus.

    Then He asked me to have an image created that would depict Him as the True Presence. He wanted me to draw that picture so that even a child would understand what it meant, "for many do not believe that I am truly present." After a year and a half of prayer and trying different images and different scenes using a cup, this painting is the image that resulted. The chalice is Father Tim O'Brien's, from the first time he said Mass on television in Waterbury, Conn. I had a picture taken of Father O'Brien holding the chalice; and that's where the whole thing started.

    Then, a woman came up to me one day and told me she painted. I told her about the image I wanted done, and she asked me if she could paint what I experienced. Her name was Kathy Polizzi; and after a year and a half, the painting is the image that resulted. Already it has traveled around the world - - Asia, Europe, South America - - touching the hearts of many priests and young people.

    When I received the Eucharist the day I had the vision, I was healed mentally and physically after being in bed for five years and instantly lifted after Mass, free from claustrophobia, and healed of herniated disks and broken bones in my legs caused by an accident. For the first time in years, I had feeling in my legs and back.

    The prayer that goes with THE TRUE PRESENCE Image is: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."

    Posted Easter Monday April 9, 2012 by Mary Nagy

    ReplyDelete