Saturday, April 7, 2012

"How Will I Know"


Recently I heard the song by Whitney Houston “How Will I Know”.  The lyrics of the song go on to say “How will I know if he really loves me.  I say a prayer with every heart beat”.  For those of us who have asked Jesus that question.  His answer speaks loudly this weekend.  "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends".(John 15:13).  Jesus has chosen to empty himself for our sake and in doing so "overcome the world.”(John 16:33)
Driving home this evening as the sun was setting Handles Messiah began to play on the stereo.  My husband had put on classical music and without planning this song began.  The power of the song and the light shown up from under the clouds lifted my soul to a glorious place.  I was just starting my rosaries and began with the glorious as Handles Messiah continued to play.  I knew that somewhere Easter Vigils were being said and the hope and love of this entered into my heart.
Take a moment to listen to Handels Messiah it is a moving song for a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment