Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Child's Favorite St. Therese Quotes

Today is the Beautiful Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus.  Recently my 14 year old daughter began reading St. Therese's Autobiography: Secret of a Soul.  She began writing down some quotes that she very much enjoyed from the book. They are included below.

"As all heaven entered my soul when I received Jesus, my mother came to me as well."

Therese recalled how her sister Marie would speak of suffering.  Therese recalled how her sister was sure "God would always carry me like a little child."

"Our Lord knew that I was far to weak to face temptation"

"Suffering began to attract me; I found charms in it which captivated me without yet fully understanding it"

"Only the first day of communion in eternity will never end."

"I knew that to become a Saint, one had to suffer much, always aim at perfection and forget oneself."


No comments:

Post a Comment