Thursday, March 13, 2014

Prayer of Surrender

St. Igmaitus of Loyola
Credit: Peter Paul Rubens
Prayer of Surrender
Take, Lord, receive all my liberty,
My memory, my understanding,
My entire will.
Whatever I have and possess,
You have given all to me,
Now I return it wholly,
According to your will,
And I surrender it completely.
Give me only your love
and your grace, and I am
Rich enough.
Your love and your grace
Are enough for me.
Amen.
~Saint Ignatious of Loyola

This past Sunday our Pastor shared a beautiful prayer with us.  He humbly asked each one of us to read this prayer daily during Lent.  He shared that several years ago his teaching career ended after over 30 years.  It was a sad and difficult time for him.  He shared that this prayer which he said daily brought him out of that dark time and brought a beautiful peace.  He said he hung on the words: "Your love and your grace are enough for me". It was this that sustained him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment