Monday, March 10, 2014

St. Joseph Novena


The following is the same prayer being said during the Novena at the National Shrine of The Divine Mercy.
O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen
 


This prayer was found in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In 1500's, it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle.
The Feast of St. Joseph is March 19th.  In anticipation of this Feast we would like to pray over the next 9 days to St. Joseph for his powerful intercession especially for our families.  We would also like to ask for his protection and guidance of the Children's Rosary.  As he so beautifully nurtured and cared for the Holy Family we pray he will watch and care for all of us.  Thank you all for joining the novena and may God Bless you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment