Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dr. Jim Dobbins

Someone to provide some answers to questions we have about our faith
May I share with you a wonderful person who helped me greatly as my heart was pulling me deeper into my faith but my knowledge lagged behind.  It was more than three years ago and my family and I were flying to Florida for a family wedding.  My husband knew that traveling was difficult for me with my joint problems and had planned a surprise.  He had down loaded classes on my ipod by Dr. Dobbins on the Dairy of St. Faustina.  It is one of the only times I actually used the Ipod my husband gave me as a gift.  The hours on the plane and at the airport went by so quickly as I was immersed in the diary.  I could not wait to listen to more and more.  Dr. Dobbins covered the diary based on topics such as the humility, Will of God and suffering.  As my husband only downloaded a few classes I ended up listening to the few I had several times.  They are so good that one or two times really isn’t enough. 
Dr. Jim Dobbins
I would find out when I returned home that Dr. Dobbins had many more topics such as discussions on purgatory, angels, discerning spirits, indulgences, Mary, Revelations, Jesus and the Jewish roots of the Eucharist to name just a few.  Dr. Dobbins makes himself very accessible and at the time I was having a very hard time writing or typing with my hands.  Even signing my name was difficult and painful.  I had many questions and wrote him a few lines asking to speak with him.  He returned this note with an offer to call him on his cell phone while he himself was on a family vacation.  Dr. Dobbins has a deep faith and knowledge of scripture and apologetics, which he explained to me is the study of the pillars of our faith.  If someone criticizes a tenant of our faith we should have the knowledge to answer their question and defend our rich faith.  As I look back over the past few years I have had the privilege to meet people working with Our Blessed Mother for Her Son.  As our lives overlap for periods of time I am aware of the wonderful effect they have had on my life.  I hope to share the little I know or rather the people who are far more educated than I to help you on this journey with Our Lady to her Son.   The Blessed Mother has a plan and each one of us figures into that plan.  Dear Mary please use this website to help bring the pieces of your plan together for the Glory of God!   
I am including the link to the audio of Dr. Dobbins weekly classes which can be listened to for free.  He also makes slides and reading lists available upon request.
Dr. Dobbins also emailed me a link to many free books on-line such as Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross, The Story of a Soul, an autobiography of St Therese of Lisieux, and Interior Castles by St. Teresa Avila etc.  I will provide the link here and will also make a separate posting just to draw others to this great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment