Saturday, September 1, 2018

Mass Offered on September 1st 2018 for Seminarians

A Mass will be offered today for all seminarians that they will grow in holiness and lead us all in love. Every month we have a Mass offered for this intention. As our seminarians will be the future shepherds and our children are the future flock, it seemed a beautiful way for the children to help. 

We have been periodically featuring different seminarians on the first of the month by inviting them to share something of themselves - a beautiful sharing of faith and love of Our Lord. Today we will be featuring David Donaghue. We met him at the World Meeting of Families in Dublin. He is from England and we are excited to be able to share some of his words with you. 


David Donaghue
"I am a transitional deacon in my final year of formation for the diocese of Northampton in England. Being at St Mary's College Oscott seminary is very blessed because of our special devotion to the Blessed Mother. We know our need of her intercession and motherly presence as we face the challenges of the 21st century. Personally, the Holy Rosary has been crucial in my time at seminary, I find that it never ceases to help me especially in times of difficulty, I just take to my beads and meditate as best I can. I heard it said that when we hold our rosary, Mary is holding onto us like child reigns, keeping us safe. The simplicity and Christ centeredness of the Rosary makes it a powerful prayer and I believe I could live with just the Holy Mass and Rosary. Thanks be to God for this gift. It purified our minds and enlarges our hearts to love as Jesus loved. Please pray for me that I may be a holy Marian priest. God bless."

We thank David Donaghue for his sharing of faith and we ask those reading this to take a moment to say a Hail Mary for him. Thank you.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Instructional Video on how to run your first Children's Rosary meeting

Don't forget to unify prayers with the children during their meetings. A schedule of meetings is present on our website. By clicking "Join in Prayer" you can add your gold flashing light to our View from Heaven map.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH OUR NEW VIDEO:

For more information about the Children's Rosary visit our website: www.childrensrosary.org
Visite nuestro sitio web en español para obtener más información: www.rosariodeninos.org
Pour plus d'informations sur le Rosaire des Enfants, visitez notre site Web:www.rosairedesenfants.org

No comments:

Post a Comment