Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Mass Offered for Seminarians on March 1 2017

A Mass was offered today for all seminarians that they will grow in holiness and lead us all in love.  Every month we have a Mass offered for this intention.  As our seminarians will be the future shepherds and our children are the future flock, it seemed a beautiful way for the children to help. 

We have been periodically featuring different seminarians on the first of the month by inviting them to share something of themselves - a beautiful sharing of faith and love of Our Lord.


The Seminarian we share today is from the Parish where the Children's Rosary began. His name is Gabriel.  Indeed even his name bespeaks good news! 

The following is a little background about Gabriel which he shared with us for this post:

I grew up in central Connecticut, where I went to private school. After high school I attended Princeton University, majoring in computer science. Having graduated from Princeton in 2015, I moved to New York City and worked for a year as a software developer for a small finance company.
I first felt a call to the priesthood from an early age, about 7 years old, but was unsure of what to do about it for a long time. When I got to college I thought that a career in technology would be fulfilling, so I majored in computer science. But by senior year, I could no longer ignore God's call to consider the priesthood. So after working for a year, I decided to apply to the Archdiocese of New York to begin studies for the priesthood. I'm now in my first year of seminary, studying philosophy. I very much enjoy the life of a seminarian, with it's focus on prayer and study.

One of my favorite quotes: "God is quicker to forgive than a mother to snatch her child from the fire."  - St. John Vianney
 
We are grateful to Gabriel for sharing how he heard God's call. It is beautiful to see how such awareness of his vocation came at such a tender age. 

Other Posts You May Enjoy:
How to Start a Children's Rosary
Supporting the Prayer Lives of Our Children When their Faith is Tested
Release of the Children's Rosary Book in French!

No comments:

Post a Comment