Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Feast of St. Anthony Mary Claret

Today is the Feast of St. Anthony Mary Claret.  Some time ago I began reading the autobiography of St. Anthony Mary Claret to my children. 

St. Claret shares of his childhood
"During all the years of my childhood and youth I professed a most heartfelt devotion to the Most Holy Mother of God."

"The gift of rosary beads, given me when still a small boy, I received as if it were the acquisition of the greatest treasure. I began to use it for reciting the Rosary with the rest of the school children." He goes on to share that, "since the day I learned how to pray the Rosary, I not only recited it in the church, but also at home every night, as was the custom of my parents." 

Later when working in a factory as a young man he shared, "In addition to the whole Rosary that I used to offer every workday, I also used to say a Hail Mary each time the clock struck the hour." 

The practice of saying a Hail Mary on the top of each hour was something St. John Marie Vianney did during his life as well. 

In reflecting on his childhood St. Claret states: "Praying in church before Our Lady of the Holy Rosary never tired me, for I spoke to her and prayed with such confidence... 
I used to imagine that there was a telegraph system connecting the image with Heaven. Indeed, I cannot explain the attention, fervor and devotion I had at prayer those days, but all I know is that it was much greater than now."

I found this very interesting that this Saint reflects on the prayers he said as a child as more full of fervor and devotion then those he said much later in his life. Indeed, St. Anthony Mary Claret gives a wonderful witness to the capacity for children to pray with great confidence and faith. Something that draws down great graces.

On this Feast of St. Anthony Mary Claret we ask in a special way for his intercession for us and the Children's Rosary. Amen.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:
How to Start a Children's Rosary
Special Release of Our New Video
EWTN Interview about the Children's Rosary in Spanish

Don't forget to unify prayers with the children during their meetings. A schedule of meetings is present on our website. By clicking "Join in Prayer" you can add your gold flashing light to our View from Heaven map.


For more information about the Children's Rosary visit our website: www.childrensrosary.org
Visite nuestro sitio web en español para obtener más información: www.rosariodeninos.org

No comments:

Post a Comment