Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Trust

Several months ago I asked one of my children why the Children's Rosary is important.  He responded, "because it shows God we trust in Him".  This was an answer I had not expected but upon reflection indeed it was true.  To spend time in prayer is a way of showing Our Lord we trust in Him and believe He is listening to our prayers.  As we approach Divine Mercy Sunday, it seemed a perfect time to refect on a little portion of the Diary of St. Faustina in which Our Lord explains to St. Faustina how pleasing is a soul who trusts in Him.


"I seek and desire souls like yours, but they are few. Your great trust in Me forces Me to continuously grant you graces. You have great and incomprehensible rights over My Heart, for you are a daughter of complete trust. You would not have been able to bear the magnitude of the love which I have for you if I had revealed it to you fully here on earth. I often give you a glimpse of it, but know that this is only an exceptional grace from Me. My love and mercy knows no bounds." (Diary of St. Faustina #718)


The Children's Rosary at Holy Redeemer Parish in Menominee, Michigan will be meeting today at 5PM Central Time. Please consider joining the children in prayer.  The children always pray for those unifying prayers with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment