Saturday, March 3, 2012

Extended Hands


"Ask, and it will be given you"(Matthew 7:7)

Meditating in front of the Blessed Sacrament after Mass I began to look at Jesus’ hands on the cross.  I began to contemplate what it means to be Jesus’ hands. For weeks we have been asking that all associated with the children’s rosary would be the extended hands of Jesus.  Now I really looked at His hands.  These hands are crucified hands. It was clear that to be Jesus’ hands our hands would never be far from suffering.  Either suffering we experience or the suffering of others.
I began to realize why Jesus called me for this mission of the children’s rosary.  The past five years have been a time where I have lost almost all physical use of my hands.  A genetic condition has resulted in a weakness in my joints that results in frequent dislocations.  These injuries have left me reliant on other peoples hands to help me.  Unable to drive or dress myself I have to rely on the compassion of others, especially my husband.  Often the hands to help me prepare food are small ones, those of my children.  Having lost the use of my hands has been an ironic turn of events as I was a trained dentist when my condition began to deteriorate.  Daily I live the fragility of my life and my body.  A fragility we all live in but few recognize as their bodies are strong. Tornadoes in the middle of our country this week underscore the uncertainty of our lives.  
We turn to our Lord in prayer to use us as His hands.  In my case He must use my hands which are weak and almost useless.  Many of you may feel similar to me.  For whatever reason you feel like you have little to offer.  But realize the power of the Lord.  He hears all our prayers.  If we ask as His child to use us for His Will, do you think he will deny us this.  For the gospel on Thursday tells us, "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:7-12) 
Being a parent has opened my eyes to how Our Heavenly Father must view us.  There are so many times when I just wish my children would be obedient and I realize why the Lord calls us to obedience to Him.  It also allows me to see if one of my children repeatedly asked to help me do the work I myself could not do how pleased I would be.  Our Blessed Mother and Our Lord have many plans but they need earthly hands to realize it.  As we bombard the Saints in Heaven to present our petitions to the Lord how happy must our Father be that we his children want to do His Will and help him.  

Our petition:
MAY THE CHILDREN’S ROSARY, THEIR FAMILIES, THOSE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHILDREN’S ROSARY INCLUDING OUR PRIESTS, OUR BISHOP AND OUR HOLY FATHER THE POPE BE THE EXTENDED HANDS OF OUR BLESSED MOTHER AND HER SON.  MAY WE GATHER A GREAT MANY SOULS ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE FOR THE LORD.  MAY WE EXPERIENCE RENEWAL OF FAMILY PRAYER AND SPREAD IT ACROSS THE GLOBE. IN A SPECIAL WAY WE ASK EACH SAINT TO CHOOSE AN INDIVIDUAL, FAMILY OR A PRIEST, ASSOCIATED WITH OUR CHILDREN’S ROSARY GROUP TO LEAD IN THEIR SPIRITUAL JOURNEY. DEAR SAINT PRAY FOR OUR EXTENDED GROUP THAT WE MAY EMBODY THE VIRTUES YOU EXEMPLIFIED HERE ON EARTH.
THIRTY-THREE NOVENAS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED AND ANOTHER ELEVEN ARE UNDERWAY. MANY MORE WILL BE SAID.


Novenas to the following Saints have been completed:
St Gerard majella
St. Joseph,
St. Theresa the Little flower
St Padre Pio
Bl. John Paul II
St. Rita
St. Theresa Avila
St. Peter
St. Blaize
St. Bernadette
St. Thomas More
St. Ann
St. John Bosco
St. Philomena
St. Peregrine
St. Odilia
St Vianney
Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta
St. Cuthman
St. John the Baptist
St. Aloysius
St. James the Apostle
St. Anthony of Padua
St. Andre Bessette
St. Matthew
St. Dymphna
St. Apollonia
St. John Evangelist
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Paul
St. Lucy
St. Cabrini
Novenas underway:
St Faustina
Bl Pier Giorgio Frassati
St. Michael
St. Mark
St. Peter Claver
St. Thomas Apostle
St. Joan of Arc
St. Catherine of Siena
St. Mary Magdalene
St. Raphael
St. Francis Xavier

Individuals only have to tell the Lord in prayer that they want to be part of our group to begin receiving the benefits of all these prayers and novenas. 


Forty-four Saints have been asked to join our children's rosary and intercede for the above petition.  Each one has been asked to find a family, priest or individual associated with the children's rosary to lead in their spiritual growth.  Initially I considered doing 60 novenas myself.  It seemed like a good round number.  I knew we had over 30 Bibles and a Saint would be written inside each one.  We also would have a Saint on each bookmark made.(Those attending our April 15th rosary will have an opportunity to randomly choose either a bible or bookmark, those following remotely please contact me and we can send you a handmade bookmark with the Saint that chooses you)  The Lord in prayer shared with me that I should invite others to say novenas as well.  As I was thinking about the rosary an inspiration came, that for each of the beads of the rosary and the crucifix a novena would be said to a Saint.  The exact number of beads including the crucifix attached is 60.  If each member of the children's rosary said 60 novenas how fast would we reach across the globe. ....answer....very fast.  Having a medical background I am aware of diseases that can be spread from one to another.  Often one infected person can infect 2 or 3 others.  If this is the case the disease spreads across the globe very quickly.  As the flu does each year.  Imagine the speed one could attain if each person was reaching out to 60 people. As we invite each saint to join our group they will choose one person to lead associated with our children's rosary. If all our members have saints then that means they must look outside the group and bring more members to us.  Trusting in the words of the Gospel that "he who seeks will find"(Matthew 7:8) we can with certainty set out on such a mission.  While I was in front of the Blessed Sacrament this morning and the ideas of this were flowing I wondered if this was too much to ask people to say 60 novenas.  My heart responded immediately , is anything too much for you Lord.  

The children's rosary 
If you decide that you want to join the children's rosary you only have to tell the Lord in your heart of this desire and all of our rosaries and novenas said daily will include you.  If you want to say a novena to a Saint please email me so I can add it to the list.  This endeavor is  for God.  May the Holy Spirit inspire you to see where your extended hand will fall.  All for the Glory of God. Amen
(See about us section for further contact information)

No comments:

Post a Comment