Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Mass Offered on October 1st 2019 for Seminarians

A Mass will be offered today for all seminarians that they will grow in holiness and lead us all in love. Every month we have a Mass offered for this intention. As our seminarians will be the future shepherds and our children are the future flock, it seemed a beautiful way for the children to help. 

We have been periodically featuring different seminarians on the first of the month by inviting them to share something of themselves - a beautiful sharing of faith and love of Our Lord. This month we will be featuring William Timmermeyer. Today happens also to be his birthday. We wish him many blessings.

William Timmermeyer
I am currently in my first year of Pre-Theology studies for the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, Maryland. I was born on October 1, 1997 and grew up in West Virginia. I was not raised in the Catholic Faith, so my discernment journey did not begin until I decided to convert to Catholicism in 2015.  The Blessed Virgin Mary played a crucial role in my conversion. During my junior year of high school, when I was at a particularly low point in my life, Our Lady appeared to me in a dream. She did not say anything to me, but she simply embraced me. I felt a profound sense of peace come over me, unlike anything I had ever felt before. This feeling continued when I awoke, and I was motivated to truly take my religious life seriously for the first time ever. I began to do some research and it did not take long for me to come across the Rosary. I began praying the Rosary privately, and I could not ignore the immediate grace that came from this devotion. Our Lady’s Rosary was truly my gateway into the Truth of the Catholic Faith, and I am forever grateful to her for showing me this wonderful devotion. Not only was the Rosary responsible for my conversion, but it was also responsible for the conversion of my father and the reversion of my mother, both of whom could not deny the positive changes that Our Lady brought about in my life.
            I graduated high school in 2016 and subsequently began college at The Ohio State University. During my time in college, I began to seriously consider entering seminary. I maintained a close relationship to the Blessed Virgin Mary throughout college, and I feel that she guided me every step of the way during my college years. I graduated from OSU in May of this year with a B.A. in Philosophy, and I decided to return to my home diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to begin studying for the priesthood. Fittingly, I was sent to Mount St. Mary’s Seminary, which is overflowing with Marian devotion. The state of West Virginia is very much not Catholic, but I hope to one day evangelize and serve my state by introducing people to the love of Our Lord and Our Lady that so radically changed my life.

In Christ and Mary,
William


We humbly ask that you please keep William and his vocation in your prayers. We thank you.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment