Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Favorite Prayer of Pope John Paul II

In the Apostolic letter, Rosarium Virginis Mariae, Pope John Paul II describes his early love of the Rosary and how it has remained his favorite prayer. 
"I myself have often encouraged the frequent recitation of the Rosary. From my youthful years this prayer has held an important place in my spiritual life. I was powerfully reminded of this during my recent visit to Poland, and in particular at the Shrine of Kalwaria. The Rosary has accompanied me in moments of joy and in moments of difficulty. To it I have entrusted any number of concerns; in it I have always found comfort. Twenty-four years ago, on 29 October 1978, scarcely two weeks after my election to the See of Peter, I frankly admitted: “The Rosary is my favourite prayer. A marvellous prayer!"

You may also like the following posts:
Favorite Quotes of Bl. John Paul II
How to Pray the Rosary
How to Start a Children's Rosary


No comments:

Post a Comment